Monday, March 30, 2009

Here Comes the Snow...doo...doo...doo...doo

I'm sure that after living with the snow for a year, I will get used to it.  For now, I've been waking up every morning for the last few days and seeing 8 inches of new snow.  I love it, but it's consuming me.  I don't even know what else to write about.  Hopefully I can get out this week to San Francisco (had to cancel my trip last week due to a blizzard).  

Since there's nothing else to do, I've been enjoying some amazing skiing and just embracing it!  The other morning 'A' and Pete went to the gym and then at at Westside Cafe.  This is hands down the best breakfast place in Vail.  I 'poo-pooed" it for months because it's connected to the Holiday Inn in Vail (sorry, I guess I'm more snobby than I thought).  I finally took Pete (our out of town guest) there one morning and have eaten there 3 times this week (oh no!).  Anyway, the other day I had 'A' bring me a breakfast burrito from Westside Cafe and so I could load up before skiing (this is my new excuse for eating a HUGE breakfast). mmmmm......






We then headed to the slopes for a great day of fresh powder.  It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be because the roads were so bad!



View from above the Ritz-Carlton.  This is my favorite place to ski because the snow is great and it's never crowded!

'A' loves doing tricks with his skies.  Makes me completely nervous.
Here's me in the fresh powder.  Weeeeeee.......
We taught Pete how to ski.  He had never seen snow before so I think he did pretty well for a first-timer!
'A' and Pete went up the bunny slope chair...look at Pete holding onto 'A'.  
We love Vail!  I've had 20 days of skiing so far this season, but for someone who lives here, that's just not enough!
 

3 comments:

Amber said...

How fun! Snow storms don't look all that bad

Anonymous said...

We missed our yearly trip to Vail this year because of back surgery...first time in 10 years..thanks for the wonderful pics...see you next year!!!

Karen

KateOnTheBike said...

Oooooh! I love the look of Vail. Coming from Sydney Australia, we do not see (good) snow unless we travel far, far away. I have skiied Whistler, but never Vail. It is a must, indeed!