Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dessert Anyone?

I remember my high school days when my dad and I would sit in front of the TV watching football (I AM daddy's girl!) and we would each eat a pint of ice cream.  Oh, how I miss the days of my really fast metabolism!  
Ice cream is still my absolute favorite dessert, but I try not to keep it in the house because.... it disappears.  
For a nice, healthy dessert I love to freeze grapes and bananas.  My friend Jamie introduced me to frozen grapes.  Just put bunches in a big ziplock bag and you have a tasty frozen treat that everyone loves!  It's like frozen Champagne!
I also love frozen bananas.  I put them in the freezer (still in the peel) when they are ripe and the skin turns almost black in the freezer (it's not pretty, so I didn't take a picture).  Once frozen, I just take a knife and start peeling.  It's a bit messy, but it's heaven.  
Try it!

No comments: