My friend Breanna, who is a fabulous cook and, I must say, one of the best houseguests EVER, taught me how to make a very easy, mouth-watering appetizer.
*Almonds and/or goat cheese
1. Make a small slit on the side of the date so that you can get the pit out.
2. Stuff one almond or some goat cheese (or both!) in the opening of the date to create a 'filling'
3. Cut pieces of bacon in half
4. Wrap a 'half-piece' of bacon around each date
5. Broil in the oven until bacon is cooked.
They don't look very good but they're so yummy and unique!!