Monday, February 16, 2009

For the Love of Nespresso

During my crazy working girl days, I drank a ton of espresso.  The employees at the Starbuck's next to my office knew my name and my drink of choice - Grande Non-fat latte with Cinnamon and Nutmeg (because I thought it made the drink taste like Christmas).  One day, during one of my "who can afford to live in San Francisco with my lifestyle" freak-outs, I calculated that I spent at least $1300 per year on coffee!  When I realized that I could have bought almost two pairs of Louboutin's for that amount or actually put some money in the bank, I was depressed!

Last spring when I moved in with 'A' (that's what my boyfriend would like to be known as now that I'm taking our home life public), we bought a Nespresso machine.  It's hard to spend $700 up front on an Espresso machine, but when we added up the savings it made so much sense.  The capsules come in a variety of strengths and flavors and are 55 cents each so if you have 2 per day (I do, I do!) that's only $402 per year.  Even with the cost of the machine, our espresso costs went way down in the first year!



We have the Lattissima Machine ('top line' model in black).  

I bought us these great espresso cups in Portugal at Vista Alegra, one of the oldest China companies in the country. I love the designs!

If you're not convinced by me about the Nespresso machine, George Clooney does the commercial, so there's another great incentive.




No comments: