Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Detox Time!

I have to be honest - I've been indulging a bit too much. Living in Vail during the winter, our home became more like a hotel and we had endless guests. Being the gracious hostess that I always imagined I would be, I wined and dined many friends and family. I didn't want to be rude by watching what I was eating or drinking! The winter went something like this: One glass of wine for you and one for me, one side of truffle mashed potatoes for you and one for me, one chocolate molten cake for you and one for me (oh, and I'll just have a bit of everyone else's dessert too!). Well, after each guest would go home and return to their normal healthy lifestyle, I would wash the sheets and towels and get ready for the next guest and more food/wine/wine/wine (not a typo).

Well, now it's almost Fall (my situation hasn't improved), we've moved back to Denver and I'm realizing that I need to reel it in and get back to some state of normalcy.

This week I've decided to do the "Rapid Total Body Cleanse." This is a 1 week cleanse that REALLY cleans you out, helps your liver etc.

Here's the deal:
No drinking, no dairy, no wheat, no sugar or processed foods for one week. I'm supposed to eat the freshest food possible and have to take herbal supplements, fiber, and drink a ton of water.
I'm also supposed to rest a lot (reading "Twilight" AGAIN - sorry - don't care what you think, I love it) and exercise (moving is helping with this and I'm joining the gym my friends belong to).

I have to say that I'm feeling better already on day 3, though I'm having major Chipotle cravings. It's good to give your body a break a few times a year.


No comments: