Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Downside of Blogging.... I knew this would happen

I read a few other blogs. Some from dear friends, others by people whose style I love, and others that are just pure entertainment.

This morning I read a post by a blog called "Habitually Chic" - a blog that I read for style inspiration by a woman who I think is, well...'chic' and honest. She's a much better and more consistent blogger than I am.

Anyway, her post this morning was about a new law where bloggers must disclose if companies they are reviewing are sending them any freebies or payment for reviews.

To read "Habitually Chic's" interesting blog post and the NY Times article about the law click here

In a world where traditional advertising is not working anymore, I can see how companies are trying to capitalize on the growing number of bloggers and blog followers. Like "Habitually Chic" I just want to let all of you know that I have never approached or been approached by a company to review their products - nor do I receive any freebies from anyone. I only write about products I use and love because people are always asking me for recommendations (and because I decided to take a year off of working and needed to connect with the world somehow!).
I do have a 'store' where people can buy some of the products I recommend from Amazon, but most of these products can be found locally. If people do purchase from Amazon, I get a small kick-back, but have not received a penny to date. Also, as I am now a Stella & Dot Stylist, I will promote those products, of course, because I love them and do make money from that, but the corporate office does not know about my blog at all - it's just me and my own business (which I wouldn't have started if I didn't LOVE the products).
Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that you can read "The Krafty Life" with confidence. I write this blog for fun and because I sometimes have something worth reading! BUT, also like "Habitually Chic," if any company wants to start sending me free stuff - like Louboutin, Chanel or even Mr. Clean Magic sponge - I already love you and will write anything you want - hehehehehe!!

No comments: